Dam Arch Foundation Investigation - 3 PDH
Foundation investigations for arch dams generally must be accomplished in more exacting detail than for other dam types because of the critical relationship of the dam to its foundation and to its abutments. This course discusses the procedures which are commonly followed in accomplishing each phase of these investigations including the foundation analysis. This information is very useful in forming the basis for a very preliminary appraisal of site adequacy and also serves as the basis for initiation of the succeeding phase of the investigation.
2. SITE SELECTION INVESTIGATIONS
3. GEOLOGICAL INVESTIGATIONS OF SELECTED DAM SITE
4. ROCK MECHANICS INVESTIGATIONS
5. ROCK MECHANICS ANALYSES
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Learn how to conduct surface and subsurface investigations;
- Learn the importance of core borings;
- Learn the applications of rock core logs;
- Learn how bore hole logging should be undertaken;
- Learn how to apply geophysical surveying techniques;
- Learn when groundwater investigations are needed;
- Learn the importance of adits; and
- Learn about the Rock Mass Rating System.
This course is intended for civil and geotechnical engineers and other design and construction professionals wanting to learn about foundation investigations for concrete arch dams.
Benefit for Attendee
This course will give design and construction professionals an introduction to foundation investigations for concrete arch dams.
This course provides introductory information about evaluation of soil and rock foundations for concrete arch dams.
This course will give you tools that will help you to understand the importance of foundation investigations for concrete arch dams.