Architectural Design: Golf Clubhouses PDH - Course Outline
II. Site Design
A. Golf activity control
B. Service to the community
C. Site design and organization
1. Patron sequences
3. Overall area and ancillary uses
4. Service court
5. Golf cart staging
6. Golf cart storage
7. Outdoor dining - patio
III. Building Design
A. Exterior design
B. Entry sequence
C. Interior organization and character
D. Food service
E. Dining capacities
IV. Functional Area Criteria
A. Golf shop area
1. Sales floor
2. Control counter
4. Repair/rental golf club storage
5. Dressing rooms
2. Manager’s office
3. Events/catering office
4. Assistant manager’s office
1. Dining room
2. Function room
D. Food service area
1. Food service counter
2. Food preparation
3. Food storage
E. Support spaces
3. General circulation
V. Illustrative Designs
A. Space allocations – small, medium, large clubhouses
B. Example plans – small, medium, large clubhouses
VI. Specialized Requirements
A. Finishes/fixtures, furnishings and equipment
B. Food service
1. Food service equipment plan and schedule
2. Technical details for food service areas
Learn about the fundamental activities in a golf clubhouse construction and their space requirements.
Learn patron sequences, circulation and adjacency requirements in golf clubhouses.
Learn about area and dimensional requirements for the various spaces in golf clubhouses.
Learn about the different types of food service in golf clubhouses and their space, adjacency and materials and finishes parameters.
Learn about the space and functional requirements for sales, administrative, storage and control functions.
Learn about typical space allocations for small, medium and large golf clubhouses.
Learn about typical finishes, fixtures, furnishings and equipment.
Engineers and architects who currently are involved in golf course design or want to be prepared for future projects will find this course to be a valuable introduction to the fundamentals of golf clubhouse design.
Benefit for Attendee
Participants will receive an introduction to the fundamentals of golf clubhouse design. You will learn about space allocations, adjacencies, circulation, security issues, materials, finishes, furnishings and equipment.
This course will introduce you to the principles of golf clubhouse site design including patron sequences, parking, overall area and ancillary uses, service courts, golf cart staging and storage, and outdoor dining opportunities. You will learn about entry sequences, interior organization and character, food service and dining capacities. The course will cover functional area criteria for the golf shop, sales floor, control counter, and golf club repair and rental. You will learn all of the key design elements that will enable you to address any golf clubhouse design project that you may become involved in now or in the future.
1. You will be introduced to site design principles including parking, overall and ancillary uses, service courts, golf cart staging and storage, and outdoor dining facilities.
2. You will be introduced to building design criteria for entries, interior organization and character, food service, and dining facilities.
3. You will be introduced to functional area criteria for the golf shop, administration, dining, food service, and support spaces.
4. Illustrative space allocations and architectural plans will be provided for small, medium and large golf clubhouses.
5. The course will tell you about special requirements for finishes and furnishings, and provide you with technical details for food preparation and service areas.